Posts by Country

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Winter in Washington



On Sunday, the 13th of November, I was on my way to Seattle for a church meeting. As I was riding I noticed small pieces of something flying by my face. After a second I looked down and discovered the problem: somehow during the journey my rain gear had literally begun to disintegrate!



Over the next four months I worked a lot, spent time with friends and family, etc. Your usual winter in Washington - waiting for the weather to stop being horrible. During this time I think everyone gets a little crazy from the old work, eat and sleep routine. In fact, one day I even had a nutcase follow me into a parking lot to scream at me. Gotta love road rage... seems he was under the impression that there's some law against changing lanes near an intersection (I checked - there's not).


Later in March I went in for some studies on what turned out to be a deviated septum - a problem that a lot of people seem to have. It seemed like overnight my nose had become permanently stuffed up so I went under the knife to get it fixed. I actually took some interesting videos of my post op procedures for anyone who might be considering this surgery (septoplasty). You can check out my post op day-to-day experience  or just the stent removal. I only recommend it to those who want to know what the procedure is like... maybe don't watch if you're squeamish.



As spring began to bring slightly better weather, I started taking advantage of more outdoor opportunities again. I got back to riding the dirtbikes, went to a baseball game and started doing more work outside. Still, it just wasn't enough, so I got on a plane and went to Hong Kong, Vietnam and South Korea!


No comments:

Post a Comment