Posts by Country

Monday, September 30, 2013

Monkey Island

On Thursday, 26th of September I woke up in Dunsdale for the first of three days that I would be staying there. I rode to Mataura and the next day to Winton then on the last day I finally did the walking track then made plans to move on to the next freedom camping spot. 
On the 29th I rode to a place called Monkey Island where the limit is 27 days. I was slightly disappointed to find that the spot was not actually on the island but on the other hand I wouldn't have to wait for low tide in order to leave.

After a visit to Cosy Nook, a bay named by Captain George Thompson after his homeland Scottish Village, I spent the evening rock fishing back at Monkey Island.

The next day I took a trip to Tuatapere to get some of their famous sausages then stopped in at the Surfer Dude sculpture before heading back to camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment