Posts by Country

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wandering off


09/01/2010

Today we went to the Victoria & Albert Museum, an art and design museum where we still managed to find pilgrimage related artifacts. During our break I visited the Science and Natural History Museums which might as well be called the "History" and "Outdated History" Museums. The science museum was basically a collection of scientific artifacts and the Natural History Museum was like a collection of show and tell items from geology class. Oh well, at least it gave me something to do with the time.


When I got back I still had 25 minutes, so I went for a Kebab… which took them 15 minutes to make. I wasn’t going to make it back in time so I decided to head straight to the British Library. Upon arrival at Kings Cross I looked for everyone else, but they were already at the British Library. At the time I didn't know where we were supposed to be so I asked some local officers where the closest Museums/Cathedrals were. They told me the National Gallery and sent me to a square near the British Museum at which point I went ahead and made the trip back to my room to check the day's agenda for myself. I arrived at the British Library just in time to look at the maps and manuscripts for a while. Apparently the tour I missed had actually been extremely annoying anyway due to a guide who insisted on testing everyone on stuff she was supposed to be teaching...


No comments:

Post a Comment